YOU GUYS, IT’S 2017!!!!!! WHAAAAAAT!?!
Everyone keeps saying things along the lines of “good riddance 2016, I can’t wait for 2017” and “2016 was the worst year of my life”. Well, that’s not really 2016’s fault, now is it? Granted, we had a joke for an election here in the US (regardless of whether you liked one or both of the candidates, it was pretty ridiculous), beloved celebrities died, we had the dark days of Pokemon Go, and some other bad stuff happened. But you know what? THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES. And people just kept living their lives. Babies were still born, people still got married, good books were still published (oh boy, were they published!), good songs came out, great movies came out, and best of all,
most of us we survived! And besides, just because we’ve gone on into a new year, doesn’t make the world magically perfect or even better. We have to work at it. So with that, I decided I would do a post with positives of 2016. And since I haven’t done a Shoutout Sunday in AGES (it was November!!!) I figured I would do a 2016-version of Shoutout Sunday. If that makes any sense. Ah, you’ll figure it out!
There are always tons of people in the blogosphere and outside of it that I can talk to and rely on, but I really felt like these two I became pretty good friends with this year, and I just wanted to give them a shoutout. 🙂
- Stephanie @ Teacher of YA, well, she’s always around. And not in a bad way! She comments on all of my posts, offers me encouragement, and we’ve had some fun discussions. I love talking to her. Thanks, Stephanie! 🙂
- Anna @ Adventures With a Book Nerd hosted the I’m Way Behind Readathon with me on a whim, for which I will be forever grateful. Since, we’ve talked quite a bit, and she’s always willing to chat. Thanks Anna! 😉
- Anna @ My Little Corner started her cute, quirky blog quite recently! I absolutely adore the name. 🙂
- Dominique @ Pirates and Pixie Dust created her blog a couple of months ago, I believe (fall-ish?) and I’m totally impressed with how far she’s come!
There were SO MANY amazing posts in 2016. The first one of these wasn’t even posted in 2016 though… Whoops? I’ll be doing dome kind of 2016 wrap-up type thing in the next… week? Ish? Perhaps? So I won’t include any of those. 🙂
- The Bookavid wrote a post on how to keep your TBR below 20 books (back in 2015). However, I still wanted to mention it, because it sounds genius. As I have 70ish physical books unread right now, I think I’ll do this after COYER ends.
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asked whether social media competence is synonymous with success on your blog. I found this incredibly interesting to read, and fortunately, I don’t think so. Because otherwise, I fail at blogging. And life.
- The girls @ Fables Library talked about how not to download illegal books– AKA how to find the cheapest/free books LEGALLY. I found a new site on here- ereaderiq.com – and it is so fun to play around with. I would definitely recommend checking it out!
This will not be books I’ve read in 2016 that were amazing (those are to come later), rather, this is just a book I found recently that was published in 2016 and looks amazing:
Stuff I’ve Been Feeling Lately by Alicia Cook is a book of poetry designed in the style of a mixtape. Instead of a Table of Contents or chapters, there are tracks, and two “sides”, or parts- Side A has regular poetry, while side B takes side A’s poems and uses blackout poetry to transform them into something new. It was a Goodreads Choice Award nominee, and it looks absolutely amazing!
- Very recently I saw Suicide Squad, and it. Was. AMAZING. And I listened to the soundtrack immediately afterward. Harley’s my favorite. But Diablo and Deadshot are pretty close behind.
- I also just saw Sing (wow, the complete opposite of the spectrum), which was ALSO amazing. And then listened to the entire soundtrack. And the elephant had a beautiful voice, so I’m actually currently listening to her (Tori Kelly).
- Um, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was truly fantastic. And that’s all I have to say about that.
- I became obsessed with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra briefly. Well, not that I’m not still obsessed with them. I am. I’m just taking a soundtrack-break. Because soundtracks are the bomb. But if you’ve never heard anything by or about the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, look up Christmas / Sarajevo 12/24. Trust me, it’s worth your time.
- I’ve gotten to the seventh season of Gilmore Girls, and obviously, A Year in the Life came out. I can’t wait to get to it, and hopefully it doesn’t let me down!
- Aaaaaaaaand this isn’t 2016 related (rather it’s a look to the 2017 future) I’m seriously considering creating a YouTube channel. And by seriously considering, I mean I absolutely want to try making a video and uploading it ASAP. If you missed it, I got a camera for Christmas, and according to my brother, “it’s not too bad”, and he’s willing to let me use his editing software if he can use my camera. Not a bad trade. XD You’ll definitely hear more from me about that in the future if/when it happens, so stay tuned! And let me know what you think about me on YouTube! Would you check it out? Are you interested? Any video requests/ideas? Thoughts in general? Please do leave a comment down below!
This brings us to the conclusion of my loveliness from 2016 post.
Of course, there was so much more happiness and fun things in 2016, and I absolutely want to hear about them! Tell me about your favorite event from 2016, song, movie, TV show, artist, book, if you got married or had a child, whatever you want! How many amazing memories can we put together? I hope you all liked this style of post! As always, please let me know down below in the comments, I’d love to hear from you! 🙂