Hey guys, it’s Amy! I don’t seem to be very good at keeping up with these, now do I? Ah, well, let’s give it a try anyways, shall we?
- Include one shout-out for an “old” blog (Old meaning you discovered it a while ago; it doesn’t matter when they started blogging.) that you’ve loved for a long time now. Please try to limit yourself to one old blog per post so you don’t run out due to the fact that this is supposed to be (Key words) a weekly meme.
- Include one or two (If you really want to you can include up to three or four, but more than that so you don’t bore your audience. Take it from me, I’m a boring expert. ) “new” blog/blogs. (Again, it doesn’t matter when they started blogging, just when you discovered them.
- Include one or two shout-outs for posts that you absolutely loved this week. You don’t even have to have loved them; they just could have been posts that made you think or stuck with you throughout your week
- Extra Credit that’s sort of required: Include one or more book shout-outs (After all, this is a bookish meme. . Along with the book title and author and cover picture, if you can, please include your rate on a scale of one to ten and also either a synopsis and or a link to the Goodreads page
- More Extra Credit that’s sort of encouraged but not enforced: This part is just something fun and cute that will help your followers get to know you better. Include two or more songs that you’ve been addicted to this week (This is my favorite part.) and why you love them if you can explain it. Sometimes you can’t. If you like visual media (Fancy.), include either a TV show or movie, or both, that you loved this week.
- Lia @ Lost in a Story started her blog in July, and it is absolutely lovely! So beautiful, too. 🙂
- Becca @ Becca and Books shared a recipe fit for a wizard…. And it looks SO DELICIOUS. And I NEED TO MAKE IT.
- McKenzie @ Bookish Things and Tea made a list of 10 reasons you should watch Gilmore Girls. Which I absolutely ADORE. And you should absolutely read and then WATCH. GILMORE. GIRLS. PERIOD. END. OF. STORY.
- Ella @ Words of Euphoric Nostalgia explained the Empire of Storms situation and how people are acting negatively towards it, as well as sending out a plea that people consider their actions and words. (I happened to have loved Empire of Storms, so that won’t be a problem for me, haha)
- Cait @ Paper Fury gave some FABULOUS ideas (HINT HINT AUTHORS) for fairy-tale retellings, and of course simultaneously grew my TBR (as always).
- Becca @ Becca and Books ALSO made a HILARIOUS list of bookish mythbusters on the bookworm’s personality. And I love it. Of course.
- Pottermore made a list of 29 signs that Hermione liked Ron from the start. WHICH IS SO TRUE. AND PERFECT. I HEART THEM.
- Epic Reads made a GIF-y list of proper book borrowing etiquette, which is adorable and funny, as is everything Epic Reads creates. I love that site.
- Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters looks SO good, and since it’s not at my library, I’m currently trying to acquire a copy!
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold has DEATH and MURDER and of course, knowing me, I LOVE IT. I WANT.
- I’ve just been mostly listening to the mood playlists on Spotify! I really like all of the “relaxing” ones. 🙂
- How It Should Have Ended created a video on the Five Stages of Watching a Young Adult Movie…. Yeah.
- Film Theory created a video on what REALLY saved Snow White…. Which is literally the coolest thing ever! It’s genius and I’m sure he did a lot of research! You should definitely check it out!
- I also recently watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (on Netflix) and it was totally hilarious. Obviously predictable, but so cute! 🙂
- Last but not least, Becca @ Becca and Books is trying to start something special: An organization for delivering books to homeless readers! It sounds like an amazing idea; I don’t know much about it or how to make it happen, but here are the tweets, and it would be fantastic if you could help spread the word and/or give suggestions! 🙂
Alright, well, I know this was short, but I hope you guys enjoyed it anyways! Have any of you read these books? Plan to? Thoughts? Are any of you interested in doing this? Let me know if you ever do; I’d love to see it! 🙂 Toodles!
8 thoughts on “I’m starting to feel like this is a monthly meme…”
This is such a cool idea! I hadn’t known of some of the blogs or posts you mentioned, so thank you for that!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awe, thank you! Glad you liked it! 🙂 Feel free to join in anytime if you’d like.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for the shoutout ❤
I should do this too sometime, I love discovering new blogs and telling others about the blogs I love
This is such a lovely idea – I love the fact that you’re encouraging other bloggers! xx
AW YOU SHARED MY POST WELL SHUCKS. And now I have sooooo many delightful posts to read! Plus I just got Kids of Appetite and CAN NOT WAIT TO READ. Also thanks for blessing me with the word “toodles” 😉
Very nice meme!
LikeLiked by 1 person