and you know what that means! It’s Top Ten Tuesday! Yayyyyy! (This is the part in the game show where confetti falls everywhere and the lucky, contestant gets a brand new car!) You guys don’t get a new car, but you get to read my post, and that’s pretty much the same thing. 🙂
This week’s topic is Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors. This is a hard one for me because I don’t really pick favorites when it comes to authors; I usually just like a particular book. Do you get what I’m saying? I mean, I’ll like a certain author’s writing style but I include that in why I love a book. I don’t really see it as loving the author; it’s loving the book. Anyway… Amy is the non-procrastinator, so she finished her post long before me, and, of course, she took all of my authors she was smart by finishing first. (I (Amy) wrote that!) So, if our posts look really similar, that’s why.
Also, I’m unlike Amy in the way that I can never shut up. Therefore, her posts are quite a lot shorter than mine. So, if you just want a shorter version of the same books, just go to Amy’s post. But, if you do that, then you won’t get the charming, witty remarks that come hand-in-hand with my posts. The choice is ours.
If you’re still reading this, I love you. You’re the best, man. You probably don’t know what you’d do with yourself without me, and that’s why you’re here. Honestly, the people who left probably can’t sleep at night now. And now, they’re going to by sleeping pills and probably become addicted. I called it first, man.
Ok, so if you’re familiar with my TTT’s then you’ve probably heard this speech before. Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. And, if you’ve noticed you’ll see that The Broke and The Bookish is a link you can click to go to their blog. Guys, I’m gonna’ be honest. Amy is the techy one and she’s been putting in those links, so let’s thank her, because honestly I am not techy at all. Thank you, Amy!! And if you look at her post, all of her titles are links to Goodreads. It took her over two hours. Thanks again, Amy!! Yeah, I’m not gonna’ do that. You can go to Goodreads yourself and look up the titles. Don’t be lazy now. Anyway, now that you’ve listened to me ramble (if anyone is even still reading this… maybe I ramble too much), you will finally be rewarded with your equivalent of a brand new car, my blog post! You’re welcome! 🙂
(By the way, I didn’t bother with pictures of the covers because: A. There are so many books on this list that it would make this post soooo long., B. You have access to Google Images, and C. You have access to Goodreads if you’re reading this online blog post.)
1. Obviously Marissa Meyer with her Lunar Chronicles series. We also did a review on the first book in the series, Cinder. If you want to see it, click here. Haha, just kidding. I’m no Amy, there’s no link Amy was awesome and put one in! Tricked ya! But you still love me, right? Right, guys????
2. Julie Kagawa and her The Blood of Eden series. Honestly, I am obsessed with Allie, Kanin, Jackal, and Zeke (Especially Zeke, I mean he’s my boyfriend, guys. I love him soooooooooo much.) I’m not as fond of Sarren… In fact, I hate him, and I don’t hate anybody. We also did a review on this book, but there’s no link. It looks like you’re going to have to scroll. Oh. My. Galligaskins. The horror!
3. Sarah J. Mass and her Throne of Glass series. Guys, they’re (and yes, that’s incorrect grammar, but I’m too lazy to fix it, yet ironically, I’m not too lazy to type this extra run-on sentence for no reason.) so good. Put this on your TBR list, and that’s an order. Guess what? We also did a review on this book! Read it! It’s like another new car!
4. Ally Condie and her Matched series. These books reminded me of The Giver series, but at the same time they were totally different. I also felt like this series was a lot more modern. These books were truly great.
5. Wendy Mass is like the only author I have on this list because I truly adore her as an author. I love all of her books. They’re so fantastic. Read any of her books, and you’ll see what I mean.
6. Lisi Harrison and her The Clique series. I honestly didn’t expect to like these books. I thought they going to be so cliche and immature and horrible. But, they surprised me. I found myself falling in love with them. And you guys, they’re really quick reads.Like, I can usually read one in fifteen to thirty minutes. I also went more in depth with my description on a previous TTT.
7. Who could forget Kiera Cass and her The Selection series? America is like Zeke, I wish she was alive. Except, I don’t want her to be my boyfriend (Zeke plays his role well.), I want her to be my best friend. This series had me hooked right away! Fantastic writing style and plot. Truly amazing.
8. Lauren Oliver and her Delirium series… Guys, when I thought A*** was dead, I about died. Literally. Ask Amy. She didn’t even want to read the next book without A***. Good thing she had me, her forceful cousin who always gets her way.
9. Scott Westerfeld and The Uglies series. Tally is amazing! I want her for my sister! This series was so astounding. Most books can be a bit predictable, but not this series. So suspenseful! Kept me on edge the entire time!
10. J.K. Rowling and her Harry Potter series. (Ha! I’m feeling so accomplished right now! Amy didn’t have this series on her list!) This is like the ideal fantasy series. People say your childhood wasn’t complete if you haven’t seen Hannah Montana or something, but I say your your entire LIFE isn’t complete until you’ve read this series.
Ok, we need to make this Top Twenty Tuesday. Hey! I like the ring of that! (Amy, let’s look into that… 🙂
11. Rick Riordan and his Percy Jackson series, his Heroes of Olympus series, and his Kane Chronicles series. These were also a big part of my childhood. I assume all of you have heard of this series and no further explanation is needed. If you haven’t heard of these masterpieces, you have: A. Never lived., and B. Never had any type of education at all. Like, seriously. You’ve lived under a rock you’re entire life.
I made my TTT all series, but there are also some very good authors so just books, no series out there.
12. Gail Carson Levine and her book Fairest. Amy chose this author, and put Ella Enchanted for her reason why. I honestly liked the movie better than the book for Ella Enchanted. Sorry. And honestly, there’s been only one other time when I’ve liked the movie better and that was Avalon High.
13. Holly Goldberg Sloan and her book Counting by Seven’s. This book was so good. Sometimes I feel like Willow, not because I’m as smart as she is, but sometimes I feel like it because frankly, I’m surrounded idiots at my school. This splot (a typo I’m making into a word, it means story/plot) is so moving. I almost cried.
14. Sharon M. Draper and her book Out of My Mind. This book so also very moving. While reading this book, I did cry. I need Melody to come be my little sister so we can practice facts for Academic Team together, and so I can look out for her as long as she lives. I love her, guys. Period point blank.
15. I’m going to put Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea and Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone together because I love them so much, but not as much as the other books. I feel really cruel right now… maybe I should separate them. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still super good, but they’re not as close to my heart a the others.
I’m sure there are tons of other books I’m forgetting, but frankly, Sleeping with Sirens and Fall Out Boy are calling my name. (If you don’t know who they are, they’re the best bands ever. If you DO you know they are, comment below so we can fangirl together. What are some of your favorite song by them? I like…. ) Ok, sorry. I got sidetracked. If you want to know what my favorite songs are, you’re going to have to tell me yours! Mwahahaha. I also have to go read City of Bones, which I mention in a current reads post Amy and I are working on. Well, it might not be a “current” reads post by the time I actually work on it. Amy, of course, is done with her part. Silly overachiever! Gaaa!
See ya next week! The best blog writer ever, Nikki 🙂
2 thoughts on “I guess it’s Tuesday…”
The disadvantages of sharing an acocunt with your cousin. Therefore, allowing said cousin to edit your posts. I mean usually I totally edit her posts/reviews and make them rock, and this how she repays me?! By stealing my thunder!?
“Nikko” had no thunder fo rme to steal! I have no more to be said on the topic.